Welcome to...

THE BUSY & INTERESTING LIFE OF THE SARIS FAMILY

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowed In!

As most of you are aware... over half of the USA has been hit with a HUGE snow storm over the last 24-48 hours. Here in Akron, it started at about 5 pm on Tuesday and hasn't stopped yet. I hear the end of the snow is near (at least with this system), but then we are to get even more on and off throughout this weekend and into next week. I just thought I would share some photos of our lovely snow - especially for those of you reading this from warmer climates. And to those of you who are in my same neck of the woods, good luck digging out of this mess! As you can see in the last picture, one of our neighbors is trying to dig his car out of his driveway as he has been doing for the last half-hour... thank the LORD for our 4-wheel drive CR-V (and to leaving the minivan in the garage on days like this). I just feel bad for Matt sitting at work today - he got up early to shovel the driveway just so he can come home after work and shovel once again (as my pregnant self won't be shoveling snow this winter). Sorry honey... maybe we should invest in a snow-blower??!! Enjoy and stay warm.












1 comment:

James, Nicole, Lyndi & Adyson said...

oh my....i don't miss that!!! i grew up in Akron Ohio...where we like to say if you don't like the weather...wait a minute :) the rest of my family is back in Akron enjoying that weather.... it's in the high 60's here in AZ!