Welcome to...

THE BUSY & INTERESTING LIFE OF THE SARIS FAMILY

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

BBQ's and Big Changes!

Over this past weekend, we had friends over both Saturday and Sunday for dinner. Matt's best buddy Marc Earl and his wife Jennifer came over Saturday. Dinner was fabulous and we had a great visit. Lexi even wanted Jennifer to give her a bath! Jen, you must have done something right to earn the honor of bath-giving. The evening ended with the 2 guys playing MarioKart on the Wii until after midnight! Maybe we should get together more often??










Then, on Sunday - Father's Day - we had my friends Shelby and Jeff Poploski and their daughter Ava over for dinner. It was a blast. The girls got in the kiddie pool on our back patio and then played in the basement for quite a long time. They are just about the same age, so that works out great. I was actually too busy running around after 2 2-year olds and calming a fussy baby, so sorry no pictures of this evening:-( but we still had a great time.

Now, for the changes:
I wanted to include a picture of our newest animal additions: a nest of bird eggs has changed into a nest of baby birds! The momma decided that our newspaper holder out below the mailbox would be the ideal place for her nest. I guess it was a better decision than our duck (who lost all her eggs before they hatched). I believe there are about 5 or 6 new baby birds in the nest. Also, as you can see they are not the cutest things in the world!
And finally, I got brave enough to do something I never thought I would do... I cut my hair, SHORT! I don't think it has been this short since Jr. High (it is probably only about an inch long in the back). I just decided I didn't want to fuss with it this summer - especially when I go swimming with Lexi. Here is a quick couple pictures of my 'new do'.

4 comments:

Adam and Kimberly said...

I LOVE your hair=) I wish I could cut mine off again but I want it long for when the baby gets here. 3 at home with Rylee and Graiden both in school, I think I will have a pony tail for a while!lol

Unknown said...

super cute!!!!

Ben and Erin Culler said...

Love the new style! It's super cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the hair! and about the birds, that is great! I love watching birds, I just put up a new spot for my feeder and the birds are coming in droves, keep us up on how they are doing. Love Mom K